Crash in AVCaptureSession when using muxed input and audio data output
|Product:||Mac OS X
When using AVCaptureSession to capture audio/video, if you try to use an input device that is of type AVMediaTypeMuxed (such as a DV camera) as well as a AVCaptureAudioDataOutput output, the app will crash when you call startRunning on the capture session.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create an AVCaptureSession
2) Add an audio data output to that session
3) Add an input connected to a muxed input device to that session
4) Start the session
The session starts running.
The app crashes.
1) I'm using the audio data output to monitor audio levels and reflect that in the UI of my app. The sample code does not have this, as the crash happens long before that point.
2) I've only tested this with a DV camcorder hooked up via Firewire. I don't know if the problem would be true for other mixed input devices or not.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!