AppGroup folder does not backed up via standard iCloud/iTunes backup procedure
||Date Originated:||18 sep 2014|
|Status:||Duplicate of 18396036 (Open)
I've implemented a widget extension which is working with CoreData. Since any extension cannot access to host app sandbox i've placed my Persistent Store in AppGroup folder. After this both widget and host app correctly worked with data but later I've found that I lost all data after backing up and restoring all data from device.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. setup your entitlements to work with app groups.
2. add your core data persistent store to the app group folder.
3. save some data to the persistent store, make sure that it saved on disk
4. backup all your data via iTunes or iCloud standard backup.
5. restore the backup created on step 4.
The data saved in app group folder would be restored
The data saved in app group folder lost
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!