Reminders about webpages created from Siri or Share open in wrong browser
|Product:||macOS + SDK
||Product Version:||macOS 10.12.2 (16C67)|
When a reminder about a webpage is created from Safari via Siri (by asking, for example, 'remind me about this' while Safari is the focused window), or using the share menu (Share > Reminders), the created reminder will open in Google Chrome if it is installed, even if Safari is the default browser.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Google Chrome, and open it at least once. Ensure Safari remains the default browser.
2. Open Safari, and navigate to a webpage
3. Create a new reminder about the current page. Either:
• Invoke Siri, and ask 'remind me about this'
• Use the share menu to create a reminder (Share > Reminders)
4. Open Reminders
5. Note that the created reminder has a Google Chrome icon next to it.
6. Click the Google Chrome icon
To reproduce the notification:
7. Schedule the reminder created in the previous steps for a time in the near future
8. Wait for the reminder notification to appear
9. Click the 'open in Google Chrome' button
• The created reminder should open in either the browser that created it, or the default browser, and should show the correct icon for that browser
• The notification pop-up for one of these reminder should also open in the correct browser
• The created reminder opens in Google Chrome rather than Safari or the default browser when the icon next to it is clicked
• The notification pop-up also opens in Google Chrome when the action button is clicked
macOS 10.12.2 (16C67)
Partial workaround: clicking the blue link under the reminder in the reminders list does open it in the default browser, but this link only links to the root domain of the created link, so the actual page linked is not available in this way.
Moving Chrome to the trash and emptying it will fix this issue after Reminders is re-opened, until Chrome is next installed and re-opened.
Google Chrome must be installed, and have been opened at least once. Tested with Google Chrome 55.0.2883.95.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!