UIActivityViewController objects are leaked
|Product:||iOS + SDK
||Product Version:||iOS 10.2.1|
Using a UIActivityViewController with AirDrop and an additional share via another activity will result in memory leaks within the application.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Write the simplest app that presents a UIActivityViewController with a UIImage as it's only item
2. Tap the button that presents the UIActivityViewController
3. Share the image via AirDrop
4. Share the image via Facebook
5. Choose "Debug Memory Graph" in Xcode
6. Look for instances of UIActivityViewController
After the view controller is dismissed and all sharing activities are complete, the view controller and all corresponding item providers, items, and activities should be released.
The view controller and all corresponding item providers, items, and activities are still resident in memory.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!