Xcode 3.2.1 #1613.0, CodeSense symbol lookup fails when Static Analysis enabled
||Date Originated:||26-Oct-2009 07:51 PM|
||Product Version:||1613.0 (Xcode 3.2.1)|
For any project of mine in which RUN_CLANG_STATIC_ANALYZER is set to YES, CodeSense symbol lookup fails for non-explicitly-imported symbols (i.e. Foundation/UIKit classes and methods, etc.). Because the CodeSense index fails to build, code completion and option-double-click documentation searches also fail.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new iPhone SDK project (I'm targeting Device 3.1.2, but it happens for other targets as well)
2. Open a file containing a non-explicitly imported Symbol (say, RootViewController.m:83 ("UITableViewCell")
3. Verify that option-double-clicking on the symbol will open the Documentation snippet.
4. In Project -> Edit Project Settings -> Tab "Build", select "All Configurations" and check "Run Static Analyzer"
5. Perform a clean and build
6. Quit Xcode
7. Re-open the test project
8. In Project -> Edit Project Settings -> Tab "General", click "Rebuild Code Sense Index"
9. (You may need to Quit Xcode and perform another clean build)
10. Once again, double-option-click on the symbol verified in Step 3 to work
Expected to see the Documentation window appear with a summary of the symbol.
Inline inspector appears but with title "Documentation Not Found" and message: "Documentation not found for the symbol 'UITableViewCell'. Click here to view symbol declaration." (See screenshot: http://i35.tinypic.com/9jod8p.jpg)
Snow Leopard 10.6.1
MackBook Pro 5,1
Xcode: 64-bit Component versions Xcode IDE: 1613.0, Xcode Core: 1614.0, ToolSupport: 1591.0
iPhone SDK for Snow Leopard 3.2.1
(This is a clean 10.6 install; Xcode was first installed from Snow Leopard DVD, then updated with the Snow Leopard 3.2.1 SDK DMG)
In Console, the first time an instance of Xcode loads a project with "Run Static Analysis" enabled, the following clang warning appears in Console:
10/26/09 7:30:35 PM Xcode Warning: Couldn't discover the 'clang' compiler's built-in search paths and preprocessor definitions for language dialect 'objective-c'. This may lead to indexing issues.
Reason: clang version 1.0.1 (http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/tags/Apple/clang-24 exported)
clang: warning: not using the clang compiler for the 'armv6' architecture
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-c'
"/Developer/usr/bin/gcc" -v -dM -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.1.2.sdk -E -arch armv6 -o - -x objective-c /dev/null
gcc-4.2: error trying to exec '/Developer/usr/bin/arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1': execvp: No such file or directory
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!