Calendar: Password-protected WebDAV-hosted calendars block MobileMe sync
||Date Originated:||01-Jun-2010 02:40 PM|
Once password-protected WebDAV-hosted calendars are synchronized between iCal on a Mac and the Calendar application on an iPad, a user is unable to authenticate access to the WebDAV-based calendars on iPad. Aborting the authentication dialog by tapping the Cancel button results in no calendar data being synchronized, not even for non-WebDAV calendars.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup iCal on the Mac with at least one calendar published to a WebDAV server.
2. Protect access to the server using the following .htaccess template:
AuthName "Access for protected calendars"
require user ENTER_USER_NAME_HERE
3. Synchronize the Mac’s calendar data with MobileMe.
4. Turn on MobileMe calendar synchronization on the iPad.
5. Wait for the authentication dialog to appear on the iPad. You might need to restart the iPad before the dialog appears.
6. Tap the Cancel button in the authentication dialog on the iPad.
7. Create a new event both on the iPad and on the Mac.
After some time calendar data is synchronized and both events appear on the iPad and the Mac.
No synchronization takes place.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!