Internationalization of XIB/Storyboard needs more support in IB
When I use Base Internationalization of an XIB or Storyboard, I don't have enough control over the resulting XLIFF file. I would like:
1. To be able to set the id used for the string
2. To provide an comment to aid translation
3. To indicate that a string is not supposed to be translated -- for example, I have a label that will show the user's name -- I put in a name so I can see the layout in IB, but that name will always be replaced at run-time. I don't want that name in the XLIFF
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use Base Internationalization on an XIB or Storyboard
2. Export for Localization
3. Note that the XLIFF has random ids, no comments, and some strings that I don't want translated
Some way to control the XLIFF better
An XLIFF that isn't as useful as it could be
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!