Profile setting of "Disable Automatic Login" prevents use of Migration Assistant
If a loginwindow profile has has "Disable Automatic Login" enabled, that computer cannot use Migration Assistant.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Configure a destination computer with MacOS 10.11.1. Install a Profile that manages Loginwindow, with the "Disable Automatic Login" checkbox enabled (set to true).
2) Attach a source computer via Target Disk Mode.
3) Run Migration Assistant on the destination computer.
4) Provide requested administrator credentials.
5) Computer will exit to loginwindow
After authenticating within Migration Assistant, application would proceed to step of selecting source to migrate from.
Computer returns to loginwindow.
Confirmed by me to happen under 10.11.1, using Profile created via Apple's Profile Manager. Confirmed by others that the parallel option within JAMF's Casper can also induce the same crash.
Confirmed that replacing the existing profile with one that removed the Disable Automatic Login option allowed Migration Assistant to proceed as expected.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!