RealVNC client can not log in to Lion VNC
||Date Originated:||21-May-2011 08:27 PM|
|Product:||Mac OS X
RealVNC client can not log into Lion's multiuser VNC.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable Screen Sharing on target Mac running Lion, preferably build 11A459e.
2. Download RealVNC viewer on another Mac, preferably running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 10J869.
3. Open RealVNC viewer and log into the target Mac by it's IP. Select a method of encryption.
4. Authenticate using password set in target Mac's preferences.
Login screen will be interactive, allowing user to log in.
Depends on level of encryption selected in step 3.
- With "prefer on": Login screen is uninteractive, except user icons look clickable after first click event.
- With "prefer off": Login screen is totally uninteractive, user icons greyed (disabled).
- With "always on": Error - "Unable to connect to VNC Server using your chosen security setting. Either upgrade VNC Server to a more recent version from RealVNC Ltd, or select a weaker level of encryption."
- With "always maximum": Error - "Unable to connect to VNC Server using your chosen security setting. Either upgrade VNC Server to a more recent version from RealVNC Ltd, or select a weaker level of encryption."
RealVNC was able to view Screen Sharing correctly in Snow Leopard, if I remember correctly.
I'm aware that RealVNC is not an Apple product, however I'm submitting this bug report because Screen Sharing claims to use the VNC protocol ("Other users can access your computer's screen at vnc://10.0.0.8/ or by looking for “NCC-1701” in the Finder sidebar.") and is incompatible with a known working implementation of that protocol.
Reports posted here will not necessarily be seen by Apple.
All problems should be submitted at bugreport.apple.com before they are posted here.
Please only post information for Radars that you have filed yourself, and please do
not include Apple confidential information in your posts. Thank you!